Young and old, working and retired, skilled and just eager to help, our volunteers come from all sorts of backgrounds. There are plenty of volunteer opportunities to be filled and we are always looking for enthusiastic new people.
- Welcomers making visitors from around the world feel at home at Great St Mary’s
- Youth workers, especially with our Heritage Education Centre.
- Flower arrangers, silver polishers, and cleaners, to help keep the place beautiful.
- Behind the scenes, money-counters and admin assistants are busy supporting the office and finance teams.
- At worship services, readers, chalice bearers, intercessors, sidespersons, greeters and others make our Sunday mornings a time of welcome and celebration.
Whatever you feel inspired to do, there is full training and supervision. We value our volunteers highly and recognise their important place within our organisation. In turn, they give us their time and enthusiasm, while making new friends in such a beautiful and inspiring place.